At Enviro-Loc we believe in giving back to our community and the environment. That’s why we have always been actively involved in community park cleanup. These cleanups involve the removal of trash and debris from parks and other outdoor spaces in and around Milton, to keep the environment clean and safe for everyone.
Enviro-Loc participates in the Town of Milton’s “Clean up, initiative” every year, and it is always a rewarding experience. One of the things we appreciate about community park clean ups is that all employees and their families can participate together, making these events very fun and of course a great team building activity for our company. Community park clean ups are also a great opportunity for us and other individuals and organizations to come together to make a positive impact on our local environment.
At our 2023 event, our team members participated in the cleanup activities, working alongside their families and other volunteers to collect and dispose of trash and debris. Together we were able to fill up 12 garbage bags. We were extremely proud and happy to make a positive impact on the environment and contribute to our community’s well being.
Earth Day is a global event celebrated annually on April 22nd to raise awareness about environmental issues and promote sustainable practices. Our company, ENVIRO-LOC, has been actively involved in Earth Day celebrations and ceremonies for many years. We continued this tradition this year, by organizing our biggest clean up yet, at Milton Rotary park. We were very excited and look forward to teaming up with our incredible team members and their families to have a small part in this global movement, helping preserve our beautiful earth.
If you haven’t committed to any Earth Day events yet, or don’t know of any in your area, you can always hold your own event. We actually encourage everyone to plan their own clean ups and activities on earth day. “Invest in our planet” is this year’s EARTH DAY theme, set by Earthday.org . The website is also an incredibly rich source for information and guidelines to help individuals and businesses live a more sustainable life.
While Planning events require effort, Earthday.org has made life easier by suggesting some ideas for communities to hold their own events. We are sharing a couple of these ideas with you and encourage you to follow this link to read and learn more. (https://www.earthday.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/ED23-Action-Toolkit.pdf)
A sustainable home is a happy home. If you are a homeowner, Investing in Our Planet is essential to financial success. A home that is equipped with efficient power/water/heating systems, coupled with renewable energy, will save you thousands of dollars per year while drastically reducing your impact on the environment. Below are a few ways you can contribute to the planet:
-Install rooftop solar panels, explore ways of making your home energy efficient, and save your family money.
– Install a smart thermostat to lower your energy consumption (and your heating bill!).
– Switch to LED lightbulbs to dramatically reduce the amount of power needed to light your home. LED lights last 100x longer than traditional light bulbs!
– Seal air and water leaks in your home to improve efficiency and reduce your utility bills.
– Install modern low-flow shower heads, saving carbon emissions, energy costs, and up to 15,000 gallons of water per person per year!
– Learn how to compost and reduce the carbon impact of food waste; plus, this will give you a free source of soil if you have a garden!
– Plant native species and pollinators to support biodiversity and beautify your outdoor living space. If you want to keep some grass in the lawn, maintain it with an electric mower.
– Display a yard or window sign to showcase your commitment to sustainability and get your neighbors on board.
– Talk to your homeowners association about its current regulations related to climate and the environment. Discuss how the community can improve these policies.
Every parent wants their children to grow into responsible, considerate, and successful adults. Commemorating Earth Day as a family is key to nurturing these values and ensuring that nature and sustainability are an important part of your child’s identity.
– Have a conversation with your children about the importance of living sustainably and identify ways that your family can improve together.
– Work together as a family to implement as many of these 52 Actions and Tips to make a difference.
– Take your family to a local cleanup, or start your own in the neighbourhood or a nearby park!
– Plant a pollinator garden with your kids for a fun, impactful, and educational day outside.
Alternatively, there are also multiple events around the world celebrating Earth day, that are open to the public. We have created a list of some of the 2023 events in the GTA for you to attend and enjoy while helping raise awareness.
Education is the foundation of a prosperous and thriving civilization. A successful society is one which respects nature, and these values are born in the classroom. Teachers and school administrators are in a unique position to nurture our children to grow into intelligent and responsible citizens. Every school can use Earth Day to ensure that environmental values are passed along to the next generation!
– Register your institution as an Earth Day School! Put your school on the map and ensure that your community’s Earth Day efforts are recognized.
– Become an Education Champion by joining our global network of educators who work together to bring climate education to communities everywhere.
– Sign the climate literacy petition to advance environmental education worldwide:
– Sign the petition on behalf of your school or organization
– Sign the petition as an individual
– Plan a teach-in to educate your students about the climate crisis and how each of us can be part of the solution. Use our Education Resource Library to help guide the conversation.
– Use our Climate Literacy Communications Toolkit to spread the word about the importance of climate education in schools.
– Visit our page for Climate and Environmental Literacy to learn more about how schools are critical to a sustainable future.
If you would rather join an existing event in your area, you can follow this link (https://www.earthday.org/earth-day-2023/#map ) to find an event near you.
We believe that Earth Day celebrations, and especially community park clean ups are an accessible and rewarding way for individuals and organizations to make a positive impact on the environment. We can tell you from experience that they are a great team building activity as well as a great way to build relationships with others who care about the environment and have similar interests. They offer the satisfaction of doing good work and making a visible difference in the community.
Earth Day celebrations and ceremonies are an important way for people to come together to celebrate our beautiful planet and raise awareness about environmental issues. These events offer opportunities to connect with others who share our values and vision for a more sustainable future. By celebrating Earth Day, we can inspire and motivate others to take action to protect our planet and build a better world for ourselves and future generations. As an environmentally conscious interlocking company, ENVIRO-LOC is proud of the work our teams have done in the community. We believe that it’s our collective responsibility to protect the environment and make a positive impact on our community.
Through our involvement in community park cleanups and Earth Day celebrations over the years, we hope to inspire not only our team members and customers, but everybody to adopt sustainable practices in their daily lives and to take small steps towards protecting the environment, making a positive impact in their communities. Together, we can create a better, more sustainable world for ourselves and future generations. This is our planet, this is our home!